At AMOS Health & Hope our core values are inspired by Jesus’ example: a commitment to serve alongside those most in need, to live out the Gospel through love in action, and to celebrate with local leaders as they work towards bringing peace, justice and health to their communities.
MissionAMOS is a Christian non-profit organization that exists to improve the health of impoverished communities by working alongside them in health, education and development.
VisionThrough our partnerships, we seek:
- Health for all people
- A world where no child dies of a preventable disease
- Effective and empowering health care
- Service to Those in Need: Our vision is to provide high quality health services to people in need who lack access to adequate health care.
- Respect: We serve those in need without distinctions based on gender, age, color of skin, ethnicity, religious affiliations or other beliefs.
- Loving Our Neighbor: We focus on the vulnerable sectors of society in Latin America — people living in extreme poverty, especially women and children.
- Empowerment for Service: We teach local leaders to identify problems according to local needs, develop solutions and implement health interventions that are beneficial for the whole community, especially those who are most vulnerable.
- Stewardship: We seek sustainable and effective approaches to global health problems through partnerships with local communities, churches, governments, individuals and other organizations.
- Peace and Justice: We seek a world of peace where there is health and hope for all.