Perhaps you have never given much thought to clean water. You open a faucet to fill your glass or you buy a bottle at your local store. Clean water is always right there – whenever you need it…
But in countries like Nicaragua, thousands of impoverished families – including young children, pregnant moms, and vulnerable patients – drink from contaminated water sources, even directly from rivers or streams.
Thanks to supporters like you, the AMOS WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) Program has been in existence for over 10 years now.
Our Programs Team has designed a plan for the next 3 years to increase access to clean water, sanitation, and hygiene in the 23 rural communities we serve! And we’ve set an ambitious goal to raise $50,000 in honor of World Water Day to make this work possible!
Our goals include:
(1) Installing more water filters, prioritizing families with young children
(2) Training and equipping local leaders to become WASH Promoters to share health education with their neighbors and provide maintenance to filters
(3) Creating educational materials on good hygiene and sanitation practices
(4) Performing periodic water analysis of water sources and filtered water
(5) Installing latrines in community clinics and other community spaces
Will you help us make this possible? Your generosity today can transform the lives of many families in Nicaragua.